Thursday, November 6, 2014

Love and Bitterness

Dear Kids,

One thing I want to be able to teach you in life is to live it fully, without any bitterness in your heart. Learn to give, love and be happy for those that are around you even if sometimes it doesn't mean that you are happy too. I can't say that I would be the best example now (thank goodness you kids aren't born yet!) but hopefully I am getting there.

A few weeks ago Mommy's first boyfriend got married. He was my first love and it was one of those you-and-me-against-the-world kind of love. A love that you look back on and cherish because it was young, pure and innocent.

Some people are bitter towards their ex-partners and I can't fault them and their reasons because I am like that too (hence the blog LOL). But then this specific person, B was something else. I remember saying that he will always have a special place in my heart and true enough, almost 15 years has passed and he still does.

I see his Facebook and can't help but smile that he is happy and finally together with the woman he will be spending the rest of his life with.

The essence of love doesn't mean that you have to be with someone but to be able to whole heartedly say that you are happy for them with or without you.

Sometimes when life turns sour and shitty, you will have these kinds of things to remind you that life isn't so bad at all and that you have to let go of any bitterness in you to be truly happy.

xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment